How Do I Get A PMP Certification?
This certification would be widening your horizon of understanding, knowledge, and experience, which would make you more competent for handling multiple projects. It might even increase your pay scale by a tremendous amount.
PMP or the Project Management Professional is considered an internationally recognized professional designation provided by the PMI (Project Management Institute).
According to Wikipedia, as of August 2019, there had been about 932,720 active PMP certified individuals and 300 chartered chapters around 218 countries and territories globally. The exam Exam is based on the PMI PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
About PMP Certification Exam:
The PMP exam is going to be based on the PMP Examination Specification, which would be describing the tasks out of five performance domains:
1. Initiating the project (13%)
2. Planning the project (24%)
3. Executing the project (31%)
4. Monitoring and controlling the project (25%)
5. Closing the project (7%)
The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions written as per the PMBOK specification and the PMP Code of Ethics. The exam iExamlieved to be a closed book and close friends, so absolutely no reference materials or friends help would be allowed.
Twenty-five of the 200 questions on the exam are sample questions utilized to fine-tune the degree of difficulty and precision of the exam aExams such aren't counted for or against a test taker.
These questions would be placed randomly throughout the exam. The exam test taker is considered to be only graded on their proficiency on 175 questions. The numbers in parentheses would be describing the percentage of questions for each domain.
How to get certified with PMP?
Ensuring PMP Eligibility:
- With an Associate's degree or High School Diploma, one is required to complete 7,500 hours of project management education and hands-on experience in heading projects.
- With a Four-year college degree, one would require to complete 4,500 hours of leading projects experience.
- You are required to have 35 hours of project management education or training
Enrolling for PMP Training course:
· Being a PMI member isn't a necessary criterion. However, it would be saving your few bucks, i.e., lower exam cost. It would also make the latest study material which would be available.
Applying for the PMP Exam:
· Keeping all your educational as well as experience records ready while applying online. Also, you are required to be very specific while describing your experience. Ensure that the description is compliant with the standards of PMI.
Post the application's submission, the approval email from PMI would be arriving within ten days, and the final step would be to payout the exam fees.
Clearing the PMP Exam:
- Posting the payment of exam fees, you would be able to choose the date and time for the exam.
- Exam be taking place in one of the certified centers.
- Results will be declared on the spot after the test is finalized. However, the certification would take some time.
- Once you would have cleared the examination, then you would require maintaining the certification.
- 60 PDUs have to be gained in 3 years and should be updated on the PMI website.
Achieving PMP certification would indicate that you are a reliable and robust professional in directing and managing projects. It is considered amongst one of the gold standards of project management certification.
If you would be looking forward to obtaining this certification any time soon, you must check out the SPOTO PMP Exam Dumps to achieve success if your PMP Certification.
Start the discussion...