How Many Questions Is CCNA 200-301?
Cisco certification program has been changed drastically since Feb. 24, 2020. There would be no longer manifold different CCNA exams and certifications. Only a single, comprehensive exam would be available.
The latest exam’s code would be the 200-301 CCNA, and the full name of which is the Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies. According to Cisco, the latest exam would be covering a broad range of fundamentals, which would be based on the latest technologies, software development skills, and job roles.
Under the old CCNA certification program, there are going to be an ample amount of concentration exams for diverse learning paths. However, under the latest rules, the following certifications are considered to be going to be replaced by the new CCNA:
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Industrial
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA Wireless
- CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate)
The specialization at the CCNA level is considered to go away, which brings you to choose your occupation at the CCNP level.
Older CCNA certificates
Your CCNA certification that was acquired under the old rules would be considered active until its expiration date. In February 2020, your current CCNA certification will be transitioned to an equivalent in the new program. So if you are going to have any of the current CCNA certificates, for instance, CCNA Industrial or CCNA Routing and Switching, you would be able to achieve grant automatically the new CCNA certificate.
CCENT is considered to be retired, and it won’t apply toward the latest CCNA certification.
About the new exam
200-301 is considered to be a single exam, which would be consisting of about 120 questions. It would cover a wide range of topics, like routing and switching, wireless networking, security, and even some programming concepts. As with other Cisco certifications, you would be able to obtain it at any of the Pearson VUE certification centers.
About the new curriculum
The new modules comprised in the latest CCNA curriculum are:
- Network Fundamentals –routers, cabling, switches IPv4 and IPv6, TCP and UDP,
- IP Connectivity – OSPFv2, IP routing
- IP Services – SNMP, NTP, DHCP, QoS
- Security Fundamentals –wireless security, VPNs, port security
- Network Access – VLANs as well as trunking, EtherChannel
- Automation and Programmability –Chef, Puppet, REST APIs, JSON, SDN
The following topics have been removed from the curriculum of the CCNA:
- Network fundamentals – OSI model
- LAN Switching – VTP, Frame, Switch stack
- Routing – EIGRP, OSPFv3, RIPv2, Inter-VLAN routing
- WAN – PPP, PPPoE, MLPPP, GRE, BGP, WAN access
You could download the new exam topics here.
Prerequisites for 200-301
There would be no formal pre-requirements for taking the new exam. However, these are considered to be the recommendations from Cisco:
- have an understanding of all topics of the exam
- one or more years of computer networking experience and Cisco equipment
- good command over the network fundamentals
The recommended training program that could be taken at a Cisco academy is considered to be the Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). The achievement of a training course would be able to gain a training badge.
CCNA 200-301 exam price is about $300, and if you don’t want to incur this expense, again and again, you would have to complete your CCNA Exam in one go. For that, you should acquire the SPOTO CCNA 200-301 Exam Dumps to achieve success in your very first attempt and save your money.
Start the discussion...